Oh boy, do I love cookies!!! Big one’s, small one’s, fat one’s, slim one’s, brown one’s, white one’s, the list goes on and on. Now growing up, Millie’s was like my local Disney land, they were the best. Unfortunately at some point in the past 4 years, Millie’s has decided to f us over, they have decided for some inexplicable reason decided to shrink their cookies, like wtf, why? And to really take the cookie they haven’t even dropped the price so I’m sorry Millie you have seriously just destroyed my entire cookie heaven. For that I have made my own
125g butter, softened
100g light brown soft sugar
125g caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g self-raising flour
½ tsp salt
200g chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
2. Cream butter and sugars, once creamed, combine in the egg and vanilla.
3. Sift in the flour and salt, then the chocolate chips.
4. Roll into walnut size balls, for a more homemade look, or roll into a long, thick sausage shape and slice to make neater looking cookies.
5. Place on ungreased baking paper. If you want to have the real Millies experience then bake for just 7 minutes, till the cookies are just setting – the cookies will be really doughy and delicious. Otherwise cook for 10 minutes until just golden round the edges.
6. Take out of the oven and leave to harden for a minute before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Not sure where credit is due, it’s a recipe I’ve seen floating around a few sites but these are delicious and resemble Millie’s beautifully.